Monday, August 15, 2011

Flamingoheads?

Well, no new waymarking to report this weekend. Rumor has it that both Diane and Rick are working on the backlog of photos they have taken of various things around the state and over into Ohio. As the official mascot of the team, I don't have to do that photo uploading or write ups or verifying longitude and latitudes. I got a bit of a rest.

But I do have a bone to pick...I am a PHLAMINGO--or Flamingo if you insist. I don't really care about the spelling, as long as it is pronounced correctly. In case a refresher biology course is in order, I come from the bird family that wades and stands on one leg. Yes, I tend to like warmer climates...have you ever tried to wade in water in Indiana in December? So my question to you is--do I look like a parrot? When have you ever seen a parrot go wading? Or stand with one leg up in the air?

I will admit that both flamigos and parrots tend to be associated with warmer climates and tropical breezes. And if you are completely culturally inept, you may not have heard of the singer Jimmy Buffet. That man has made a fortune selling his relaxed, kicked-back tropical lifestyle. In response, his followers call themselves "Parrotheads". Let me repeat..."Parrotheads". NOT "Flamingoheads".

I got on this rant because as Diane and Rick were docking at the Channel Marker on Saturday, some guy asked Diane if they were Jimmy Buffet fans. I don't understand what gave him that idea. The houseboat is decked out in early Flamingo decor. But I'll let you all decide...based on this picture of the houseboat, would you jump to Jimmy Buffet? Or would you just realize great tacky taste in a beautiful wading social bird...the Flamingo?


This is the houseboat. It is a bit difficult to see the details, but the sign on the front gate does warm to be careful of attack flamingo. And the flip flops my buddies are standing on are a bit faded...but it's phlamingo all the way.

Happy Sailing...and go try waymarking!

No comments:

Post a Comment