Monday, September 10, 2012

No Autographs, Please

Whew--my wings are tired!! And you know I love my fans and normally would be happy to at least give you a feather-print, but after all the posing I had to do yesterday, I'm just not up for any autographs. Diane and Rick went to Fort Wayne, Indiana's annual celebration--"Be a Tourist In Your Hometown". It's not actually Diane's hometown, but that didn't stop her! We were all over that town. It's a neat event--local attractions open their doors for free during a Sunday afternoon. Some things that aren't actually "tourist attractions" become just that. For example, the county courthouse and the Lincoln Tower open their doors for tours. Educated employees give tours and explain things...like what the murals mean in the courtrooms or the symbolism in the lobby of the bank building. It was a lot of information for my bird brain to absorb, but that's ok. They provided information sheets too! We got our passport stamped in several of the attractions.

Of course, the city is named in honor of Anthony Wayne, who established a fort here by the river. He is memorialized by a statue in a park...and I decided to ride along...



Uncle Philbert tried to hide in the Japanese Garden--did you even know that Fort Wayne had a Japanese Garden? It's between the Art Museum and the Theater...by a parking lot!

After being coaxed out of the little stone hut, Uncle Philbert  tried to hide behind the time capsule...


There's a very swanky bar in Fort Wayne where reportedly Harrison Ford visits once a year. Uncle Philbert thought he would check it out and get an autograph--but alas--not even open. So much for the autograph!



The "high"light of the day was the trip to the top of the Lincoln Tower. You can see the entire city from there. Uncle Philbert was resting comfortably in his bag, while I took over! I waved hello to my friends the pigeons and just relaxed. Thanks Fort Wayne for a "PHABULOUS" afternoon!




No comments:

Post a Comment