Saturday, September 1, 2012

What's a little hurricane?

Philbert here! It's Saturday morning, Labor Day weekend. Rick and Diane are hanging out together...despite Diane needing a garage door opener fixed? (Whatever that might be. I just fly in and out.) There has been debate about what festival to attend...blueberries, marshmallows or cars...It doesn't really matter to me, although my sweet tooth likes the idea of a marshmallow.

Unfortunately, my southern cousins got hit by a hurricane...Isaac was his name. Forecasters are predicting rain leftover from this hurricane will hit Indiana. If that's the case, no fest sounds fun. Do you know how hard it is to dry pink feathers?

My wings have finally recovered. I've been to Mexico and Ireland...that's a looong way for one bird's little wings to flap. There are both visit posts and new waymarks to view if you are into that international thing.

And sadly...my phlamingo buddies that adorned Rick's houseboat...down with the ship. Due to an unfortunate accident last winter, the houseboat is in repair-land. No boat rides for this "phlock" this summer! Sniff, sniff. Tear, tear. Fortunately, my buddies had long legs and could walk away from the seen of the disaster which was in shallow waters. They were starting to fade anyway. (As is this post...)

So--off to double check an existing waymark that someone couldn't find...Wild, I know since the address was actually listed! Then it's fest time...hopefully before Isaac finds his way here to us.

Happy phlying!


No comments:

Post a Comment